How can you agree on child arrangements?
If possible, it is best to sit down with your ex-partner and decide on child arrangements together. You could record these in a parenting plan.
Your plan might include:
- Who your children will live with and when they will see the other parent.
- Who else your children will spend time with.
- How childcare will be shared between you.
- Where your children will go to school.
- How you will manage decisions about your children’s healthcare/medical treatment and education.
- How you will share information with each other and keep lines of communication open.
Our solicitors can advise you about what to include in your parenting plan based upon your family’s circumstances.